Answer and direct guest calls and questions and log requests for the hotel.
· Operate telephone switchboard station in order to answer telephone calls.
· Process guest requests for wake up calls, screening calls, and other requests related to placing or receiving telephone calls.
· Advise guest of any messages (e.g., voicemail, mail, faxes) received for them, and send to room if required.
· Answer, record, and process all guest calls, requests, questions, or concerns.
· Receive, record, and relay messages accurately, completely, and legibly.
· Log all guest requests or issues into computer, contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Bellperson, Housekeeping), and follow up with guest to ensure their request has been met to their satisfaction.
· Provide information to guests about room features, property amenities, and local areas of interest.
· Assist guests with accessing the internet. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies not listed may be required for specific positions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong customer service skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School Diploma
· Minimum of two year Front Office experience.
· Minimum one year supervisory experience, preferably in a hotel.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
During the course of performing the physical demands of this position, associates are expected to observe and adhere to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Low to moderate noise is expected.