Coordinate and implements company Payroll & HR policies, procedures, and practices. Performs complex and confidential administrative functions to facilitate operations within the Accounting Department. Completes all daily, weekly, and monthly payroll and assigned accounting duties.
· Coordinates collection and preparation of operating reports, such as time and attendance records, terminations, new hires, transfers, budget expenditures, and statistical records of performance data.
· Displays excellent personal relation skills and takes initiative to greet internal and other guests in a friendly manner.
· Prepares reports including conclusions and recommendations for solution of payroll and related problems.
· May compile, store and retrieve management data.
· Process, verify and securely maintain personnel related documentation
· Explain company personnel policies and answer routine payroll inquiries from internal and external customers.
· Record and/or maintain data for each employee, including such information as hours worked, salary information, sales reporting, tips, gratuities, etc.
· Prepare and/or accurately input information from payroll action forms into the payroll system, coordinate posting of payroll deductions such as garnishments, union fees, 401K, employee purchases.
· Compile and transmit bi-weekly payroll data accurately each week for affected entity.
· Generate payroll reports and file related human resources and payroll documents in a timely manner.
· Prepare individual property and/or group payroll reports including, but not limited to productivity and labor reporting, on a daily and/or periodic basis as assigned.
· Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets.
· Reconcile payroll related and other Balance Sheet Accounts as assigned.
· Assist and/or prepare general ledger downloads and journal entries to accurately accrue payroll and record stats for monthly financial statements.
· Prepare intercompany payroll reports and record employee hours worked in non-home department or home-hotel positions.
· Assist in training of non-accounting managers and provide recommendations for procedural and process improvement.
· Oversee union fee deductions and preparation for remittance of collected funds.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to management; complete safety training and certifications. Ensure appearance is clean and professional.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWDLEGE REQUIRED
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies not listed may be required for specific positions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
During the course of performing the physical demands of this position, associates are expected to observe and adhere to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Low to moderate noise is expected.